It is simply the Star of all cocktail receptions. It is easy to make and you never get tired of it. Yes its true we are in 2015 and that dish may not look hipster and Fancy pants but it is still a bloody good Appetizer.
There is not much to say about it other that the French version of the cocktail sauce get its unique taste from the Cognac added to the sauce. The recipe and how-to video are below.
Recipe for the classic French version of the Cocktail Sauce:
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 grams of french Dijon mustard
- 200 ml of sunflower or vegetable oil (not olive oil)
- a few drops of white vinegar
- 20 ml of French cognac
- 40 ml of ketchup
- few drop of Worcestershire sauce
- pinch of salt
- pinch of white pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- few drops of Tabasco
- Make a mayonnaise with the eggs yolks,mustard,vinegar, salt. pepper and oil
- when the mayonnaise is ready add the ketchup,cognac,Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper
- stir well.
- let it rest for 30 minutes in the fridge until its cold
Prawn cocktail video: